Health Care Resources
YUMA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
2400 S. Avenue A, 928-344-2000, YummaRegional.org
Yuma Regional Medical Center is a nonprofit, full-service, 406-bed, acute care hospital. Approximately 2,100 employees and more than 300 physicians create a health center unparalleled for a city the size of Yuma. About 95 percent of the physicians on staff are board-certified or board-eligible in their specialty. They represent more than 28 specialties.
Yuma Regional Medical Center is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, and became an educational teaching facility in 2013 with its Family and Community Medicine Residency Program.
Yuma Regional Cancer Center offers comprehensive cancer care and Nurse Navigator services. Yuma Regional Cancer Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
- More than 16,200 in-patients are cared for annually.
- 71,900 patients are treated in our Emergency Department each year, making it one of the busiest in Arizona.
- Women and Children Services delivers more than 3,500 babies each year.
- Up to 20 infants can be cared for in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). It is certified as a Level III A by the AAP and Level II EQ by the Arizona Perinatal Trust.
- The American Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery recognizes YRMC as a Center of Excellence in Women's Health.
- Full-service diagnostic radiology (X-ray, MRI, CT scan), nuclear medicine, digital mammography and ultrasound are available.
- Expanding cardiovascular service program includes open-heart surgery and valve replacement procedures; innovative new hybrid OR with state-of-the-art technology provides the latest in cardiovascular care.
- The Heart Center also offers cardiac catheterization, including interventional stenting and pacemaker placement.
- YRMC Wound Care Center has four hyperbaric chambers and specializes in hard-to-heal wounds.
PrimeCare Urgent Care / Foothills
11142 S. Scottsdale Dr., (928) 345-6830, www.PrimecareYuma.com
Prime Care is Yuma's Premier Urgent Care, with three locations from the Valley to the Mesa to the Foothills. Each location has different service hours and "specialities," only the Foothills location is a YVB member.
OTHER HEALTH CARE RESOURCES in the greater Yuma area include a specialized rehabilitation hospital, many skilled nursing care facilities and a variety of independent and assisted living communities.