Back to Blog
Whether you've already bought tickets or you're thinking of purchasing, here's everything you need to know about Rio de Cerveza 2017 ...
Yuma's 5th annual Rio de Cerveza Brew Fest is Saturday, October 21 from 5 to 9 p.m. at Desert Sun Stadium. Yes, you can buy tickets the night of, but purchasing in advance will save you time and money at the gate. This is a 21 and older event only.
General admission — $35 per ticket when purchased at RiodeCerveza.com by October 20, or $45 at the gate. General admission ticket holders receive a sampling mug for 24 4-ounce pours (equal to eight bottles of beer). Food available for purchase from on-site vendors.
VIP — $70 per ticket when purchased at RiodeCerveza.com by October 20, or $80 at the gate (while they last). VIP ticket holders may take advantage of early entry at 4 p.m. and will receive a sampling mug for 24 4-ounce pours (equal to eight bottles of beer), a commemorative "Let the Good Times Flow" t-shirt, and access to VIP area food and drink at no additional charge! What's on the menu, you ask? Feast your eyes on this assortment served up by The Patio Restaurant & Bar at The Hills:
- Herb-roasted beef tenderloin
- Pork belly taco station
- Red ale bratwurst sandwiches
- Crispy pork skins with lime crema
- Bacon-wrapped dates with chipotle sauce
- Spicy Asian noodles with shrimp
- Fresh fruit and cheese
- Mixed olive and bruschetta bar with grilled baguettes
- Prickly pear drinks
General Admission Designated Driver ($10 online or at the gate) has access to free water and soda all night, while VIP Designated Drivers ($20 online or at the gate, while they last) receive all the perks of VIPs minus the booze.
Military discounts are available for VIP and General Admission tickets. See RiodeCervea.com for details.
Okay, now that we have that business out of the way ... let's talk about the beer! Rio de Cerveza isn't just about local or regional beers; we've partnered with distributors to bring brews from all across the country to the Desert Southwest! Here's a look at what's on tap:
- ACE Cider (Sebastopol, California)
- Belching Beaver Brewery (Vista, California)
- Big Sky Brewing Co. (Missoula, Montana)
- Blue Moon (Golden, Colorado)
- College Street Brewhouse (Lake Havasu City, Arizona)
- Four Peak Brewing Company(Tempe, Arizona)
- Firestone Walker Brewing Company (Paso Robles, California)
- Golden Road Brewing (Los Angeles, California)
- Goose Island Beer Co. (Chicago, Illinois)
- Grand Canyon Brewing Company (Williams, Arizona)
- Hangar 24 Craft Brewery (Redlands, California)
- Huss Brewing Co. (Tempe, Arizona)
- Leinenkugel's (Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin)
- Modern Times Beer (San Diego, California)
- Mudshark Brewery (Lake Havasu City, Arizona)
- New Belgium Brewing (Fort Collins, Colorado)
- Pizza Port Brewing Company (San Diego, California)
- Prison Hill Brewing Company (Yuma, Arizona)
- Saint Archer Brewing Company (San Diego, California)
- Samuel Adams (Cambridge, Massachusetts)
- Shock Top (St. Louis, Missouri)
- Sierra Nevada (Chico, California)
- Sonoran Brew Co. (Phoenix, Arizona)
- Stone Brewing Co. (Escondido, California)
- THAT Brewery (Pine, Arizona)
- The Shop Beer Co. (Tempe, Arizona)
Ice cold beer and delicious food are a match made in heaven, which is why we've recruited some of Yuma's top food vendors to set-up shop on the lawn of Desert Sun Stadium. The following food options will be available for purchase, so bring some spare change:
- Tacos by Takos & Beer
- Potato tacos, tri-tip and Chili Fritos by Lutes Casino
- Bratwurst, hot dogs, German potato salad by Das Bratwurst Haus
For the trifecta: beer, food, and live music! Rio de Cerveza 2017 welcomes Risque Band from Phoenix, Arizona to the stage, performing a variety of hits from yesterday and today.
In between refill runs to the brew tents, how a bout a round of lawn-sized beer pong or giant Jenga, or a game of cornhole or washoes? Plus, look for a few new additions which test your accuracy, like golf pong and ring master!
DO NoT DRINK & DRIVE
Come 9 p.m., you don't have to go home but you can't stay here. FREE (yes, FREE) cab rides will be provided by Crazy 8's Cab Company to take you anywhere within Yuma city limits! So, whether you're heading home, to a restaurant, or to your favorite bar, get there safely with a free cab ride. Please tip your driver.
Live on MCAS Yuma? YCAT will have a FREE (uh huh, FREE) bus service to Rio de Cerveza from outside the Main Gate, and back to MCAS Yuma from Desert Sun Stadium.
Beer for a Cause
In 2016, Rio de Cerveza raised $5,000 for the Arizona Community Foundation's Yuma Veterans Fund. This noble fund supports high-performing organizations which assist Veterans and is the proud beneficiary of this year's Brew Fest.
Lend a Hand
Would you much rather volunteer to make Rio de Cerveza a success? Awesome! Call Leslie McClendon at 928-376-0100 to see how you can help. All volunteers receive a "Let the Good Times Flow" t-shirt, soda, water, and snacks.
Welcome to the official blog of the Visit Yuma, with content produced by our staff, fellow Yumans, and other contributors. If you have a story idea or would like to have your work featured here on the site, please send feedback to Communications@VisitYuma.com for consideration.